PUT YOUR BODY
IN GOOD HANDS
Release, Relax, Unwind
Professor George Sandhu DC, DOMP
Professor George Sandhu was born and raised in Hong Kong. During his high school years, he and his family relocated to Winnipeg, MB. Upon graduation, he moved to California to pursue his education at the very prestigious Life Chiropractic West in California, where he obtained a doctorate in Chiropractic.
Upon graduation, Professor Sandhu moved to British Columbia, where he met his wife. Eventually they moved to Ontario, where he received an Osteopathic Diploma from National Academy Of Osteopathy in Toronto.
Professor Sandhu is a Faculty Member of National Academy of Osteopathy and National University of Medical Sciences (Spain,USA). He is also the first and current President of the Canadian Manual Osteopathic Association (CMOA).
Through Professor Sandhu's knowledge and expertise, he created and lectures the courses: Chronic Pain Management and Postural Analysis, and Assessment. Through continually furthering his education and skills, Professor Sandhu is committed to maintaining the highest standards of Osteopathic Practice and Patient Care.
Professor Sandhu has been using his knowledge and skills to help provide natural pain relief from aches and pains of everyday life for many satisfied patients. By adopting a structural approach, George uses a range of techniques tailored to the needs of the individual to resolve problems.
Today, Professor Sandhu resides in Winnipeg, MB with is wife and 3 children.
"I've lived in Winnipeg, British Columbia, and Ontario, and I believe the best province to raise children in Canada, is Manitoba. So I came back, but this time with my own family!"
You will find Professor George Sandhu at Geo Livewell Osteopathy, Winnipeg, MB
For Appointments, Tel: 204-688-7335
What is Osteopathy?
- Osteopathy is a safe natural form of skilled manual therapy. It uses a system of examination, diagnosis and treatment of the body's musculoskeletal system.
- The body functions as a complete working system. Any problems that affect the body's structure will upset the balance of our general health. Therefore, treatment concentrates on the relationship between the structure of the body such as the skeleton, muscles, ligaments and connective tissue and the way in which the body moves and functions.
- By restoring the body's balance, Osteopaths are able to provide immediate and long term relief from pain.
- Osteopaths use a range of hands-on techniques such as pressure, massage, stretching, and manipulation to correct imbalances in the body's musculoskeletal structure. This helps the body return to normal function.
What can I expect when I visit an Manaul Osteopath?-
- When you visit a Manual Osteopath for the first time a full case history will be taken and you will be given an examination which will assess your posture, spine and balance.
- Your back, limbs, joints and muscles will then be palpated to detect changes that may signal injury or impairment. This information will be integrated with your medical history to establish a treatment plan.
- Each person has his or her unique combination of body shape, lifestyle, occupation and personal history. Osteopathy's main strength lies in its unique way of assessing patients not only from a mechanical, functional and postural standpoint but also by taking these other factors into account.
Manual Osteopaths aim to identify the initial cause of your pain, the cause of your current symptoms and anything that may prevent your condition from resolving naturally. In addition to the treatment of joint or tissue abnormalities, osteopathic treatment may include advice about posture, work positions, nutrition and exercise.
What do Manual Osteopaths Treat?
-If you are suffering from any of the following, you could benefit from osteopathic health care!
Headaches and Migraines
Frozen or stiff shoulders
Tennis/ Golfer's elbow
Repetitive Strain Injury
Back pain during pregnancy
Hip, thigh, knee problems
Calf, Shin, Ankle, Foot pain
Arthritic pain and stiffness
Lower back pain
"When you touch one thing with deep awareness,
you touch everything."
- Lao Tzu
George has an easy and friendly approach to Osteopathy making you feel relaxed from the moment you walk through the door. He has worked in Canada since 2006 treating a variety of conditions including neck and back pain, sports injuries, postural strain and musculoskeletal disorders, chronic pain management and TMJ care. George is registered with The Canadian Alliance of Alternative Medicine (ACMA).
TMJ (Temporomandibular joint) CARE
Various osteopathic techniques help to restore normal muscular/Joint function of TMJ without the use of drugs, splints or surgery. George has treated many TMJ cases in his practice with amazing success. Addressing the underlying cause and alleviating secondary symptoms of neck pain, headaches, jaw locking and clicking.
CHRONIC PAIN CARE
George is member of Osteopathy Chronic Pain Clinics of Canada (OCPCC). OCPCC health professionals have postgraduate studies in chronic pain who achieved fellowship status to become osteopathy chronic pain specialists.
George teaches Chronic pain management care to Osteopathy students in Canada, USA and Spain.
Gentle technique used to treat the movement of the skull and all its related contents. The goal of this technique is to adjust the body’s physiology by restoring balance to the circulation of the blood and other body fluids.
Initial Consult - Osteopathy Services
Chronic Pain Management
Duration- 1 hour
Initial Consult TMJ Osteopathy
Duration- 1/2 hour
GET IN TOUCH
1239 Manahan Ave
Winnipeg, MB R3T 5S8
Tel: 204 - 688 - 7335